Wednesday, April 13, 2011

#97: Go to a CIO's Cultural Event


   <thedailygreen.com>
            Anthropology classes teach you that culture is a pattern of shared goals, beliefs, language, food etc that characterizes a group. Since I signed on to the major in the second semester of my second year, my cultural group has revolved around Environmental Science.  In labs and class we eat and breathe it. And one of my favorite pastimes of this culture is the springtime ESO Barbecue.
            The Environmental Science Organization sets this up every spring with funds from who knows where and amazing student volunteers who help prepare a beautiful spread of veggies, cookies, chips and buns. Professors traditionally grill the burgers, hotdogs, and veggie burgers for the students- which is just too fun! Dave Smith was grillin today! This afternoon was the perfect break in between the flash thunderstorms that have and will be wrecking C-ville for a large portion of the rest of the week. I know it's a bit of a stretch... but I'd rather play by my own rules at this point. After all, I think Envi Sci culture should maintain the title of grilling to perfection.

"The noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it
feeds the hand that bites it." – Lawrence  J. Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment