Friday, April 15, 2011

#49: Make an Appointment at UCS

They tell you when you’re a first year: take advantage of all the resources around you! Go to UCS and talk about your future! Well, I went to Bryan Hall today, and the woman I first talked to didn’t even know what UCS was- ooooh athletes. (When you go into Bryan, turn left to get to University Career Services. The right side is athletics, and they don’t want to talk to you if you look like a normal person.)
After just a couple of minutes, I met this really nice guy named Aaron who apologized for making me wait! He was super friendly and tried to be helpful, but honestly all he could help me with on my resume was to point out one parenthesis that I hadn’t bolded. And then he basically said my cover letters were great! It only took 15 minutes of my life, but I left there wondering why I am still jobless [never having even gotten an interview for the dozen jobs I’ve applied for] if what I’m doing in my applications is actually pretty top notch.
Oh, ok fate. It’s one of those "it's not me, it’s you" things.

No comments:

Post a Comment