Thursday, February 10, 2011

#48: Ride the Wahooptie


Oh baby, I’d been waiting for this one since first year! Wahooptie advertises themselves as “not your mama’s taxi” so obviously I was intrigued from the start. Wahooptie is a local Charlottesville taxi service, but the cars come in the most fun assortment of rainbow colors from an orange stretch limo to the pimped out sour green Cadillac. I always imagined myself drunk and stranded on the Corner needing a ride when I would need their services, but I was so much more fortunate!











            This September we celebrated Molly’s “Forever 21” birthday by riding in a Wahooptie to the Jefferson Vineyards (courtesy of her mother!) I was so excited and so grateful to join her in the celebration :D We got the big purple pimped out suburban and a scruffy tank-top wearing townie driver who was awesome nonetheless. He had classic dice hanging from the ceiling, but the iPod connector wouldn’t work, so we had to listen to his “pop” hits CD on the way which was kind of a riot and contained more Eminem than I’d heard in a long time! I got to share the awkward passenger seat with him on the way there! Good times. Your half birthday is coming up Mol, we should re-commemorate with something grand!
“After all, what is your host's purpose in having a party? Surely not for you to enjoy yourself; if that were their sole purpose, they'd have simply sent champagne and women over to your place by taxi.” – P.J. O’Rourke


No comments:

Post a Comment