Friday, February 11, 2011

#47: Attend an AFC Drop-In Class

            I so wish I had learned about drop-in classes first year! Especially the Friday Happy Hours! At the AFC at 5:45 every Friday evening there is a FREE drop-in rotational pass. I didn’t know about those until I started working there this August. Charlotte and I went to one last semester called Boyband Boogie that was led by two best friends (a guy and a girl) who loved 90s music and only played Britney, Backstreet Boys, N*Sync, Destiny’s Child, and finally ended with “We No Speak Americano”. It was fun and definitely got my heart pumping, but not surprisingly, I prefer to groove in the dark!
            Tonight we went to “Partner Yoga” (something I’ve been stretching into since Joe got me a yoga mat and tape for Christmas). I loved it! In honor of Valentines day coming up the yoga instructor did a partner one, but it wasn’t as crowded as I thought it would be! And there were a whole three Y chromosomes there as well! I feel stretched out for sure and have become reacquainted with my hamstrings and my back in a non-hunched position. Kudos to the productive day we’ve had, lady!

“The yoga mat is a good place to turn when talk therapy and antidepressants aren’t enough.” –Amy Weintraub

No comments:

Post a Comment