Sunday, May 15, 2011

#61: Go Wine Tasting


        Ahhhhlcohol, the perks of being 21. I haven't gotten to any vineyards this spring, but I did take advantage of my mountain proximity to the vine in the beautiful September weather. My first trip was actually a 40 minute trip to Price Michel, a strikingly gorgeous winery up 29 North. I did a little researching this summer and found this place online, and the fact that they were having a free tasting event WITH chocolate was too much for me to pass up! Heather, Kimberly and I dressed up and went one Saturday.

       After being served some dessert wines by "Joe" our barista, the three of us decided on 2 bottles of wine we enjoyed the most: the Peach and Raspberry ones. "Tres bien" was also quite delicious but considerably more expensive. We had fun afterwards frolicking a bit tipsy amongst the vines and tractors outside.


       Molly's birthday was just a few weeks later! Her parents were so generous to pay for all of us to go wine-tasting at Jefferson vineyards up near Monticello. The wine selection we had here wasn't dessert so it wasn't nearly as sweet- the real red and white stuff.


        The view was gorgeous here, complete with six lovely wooden chairs just perfect enough for us to sit in and admire the mountain view before climbing into our WAHOOPTIE! My experimenting at vineyards and with different bottles with Joe has led me to the conclusion that I love Rieslings, and that, like Kristin, I don't have those $4 bottles of strawberry wine they sell at convenience stores, no matter how much the cashier tries to dissuade me.


"Wine is bottled poetry." -- Robert Louis Stevenson

No comments:

Post a Comment