Tuesday, May 3, 2011

#60: Attend a class in which you're not enrolled

In 20 minutes, I will attend my last class of my undergraduate career. Of course it feels like just another day: full of stress to present in Oceanography, lecture up until the last minute in Jazz, and Charlotte skipping out on lunch.
I don’t like to go to class very much… and I only attended one I wasn’t enrolled in earlier this spring before I enrolled in the astronomy course I’m now taking with Joe. And it was one of the most horrifically boring courses I’ve ever sat through. (It was only fifty minutes too!)
I felt it would be fitting to begin my college career with a class on Greek civilization and Moral ethics of Plato and Aristotle and to end it with a philosophy course, so I dropped in on Philosophy 1001. But I couldn’t stand it. It would have been SO easy with only one large paper and two smaller ones…virtually no homework and relatively short readings. But I would not have attended class and I never did again.
And after this next one, it’s weird to think that I won’t be attending school anymore as my main business. I really want to celebrate J

School’s out for summer, school’s out FOREVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment