Saturday, November 6, 2010

#76: Nab the #1 ticket at Bodos

            I may have survived my first year without experiencing the Charlottesville bagel giant, but since my introduction with Bodos second year we have engaged in a magical love affair. With anything from salads to bagels with lox and cream cheese, Bodos provides inexpensive yet filling meals to those of simple tastes—like me! I can’t suggest much on the menu because I have found happiness in the turkey and plain and the bacon, egg, and cheese on plain and have never strayed. There are three locations: on Emmett, Preston, and University Ave; I’ve been to all three but my favorite is still the one at the Corner (University) because it just seems more intimate. A “chain” unique to Charlottesville, I will definitely miss and look forward to coming back here just for the bagel sandwiches!
 



            This morning Charlotte got up with me around 7am to celebrate finishing my lab report last night! We took a trolley to the Corner and waited in front of Bodos for about 15 minutes in the COLD morning air (but the clouds were just gorgeous and snowy looking today! I just love the sky at this time in the morning!). Anyway, I get really self conscious being that obnoxious person that is waiting when the door gets opened… but it was necessary. Several people came after we had been there a few minutes and tried to get in as well. Obviously my standing directly in front of the door didn’t mean anything. Obviously. When one gentleman opened the door, we rushed through our order to ensure that we got that #1 ticket! I practically threw my card at the cashier to make sure it rang through quickly haha. The lady who served me saw I was excited and asked if I wanted to keep all of the “coveted” #1 tickets and smiled at me in congratulations! I was happy, and I have to say it is one of the best Bodos bagels I have ever had! Was it because we took the Halloween sippie cups full of strawberry kiwi juice? The warm melty softness of the bagel with outside crunch on a sweet November morning? Maybe! But mostly it was the sweet success at nabbing the ticket and accomplishing one of the harder feats on The List!

"A bagel is a doughnut with the sin removed."  --George Rosenbaum

No comments:

Post a Comment