Sunday, December 5, 2010

#99: See Lighting of the Lawn


Apparently Lighting of the Lawn began as a commemoration for the victims of September 11th, but I had no idea! I have gone to every Lighting of the Lawn, rain and sleet and freezing temperatures notwithstanding. To me, the event is a symbol of celebrating the end of first semester classes and one last HOO-rah before exams start. It is hot chocolate and cookies and Christmas carols sung by acapella groups.
  
Ice Sculptures 2010
 
After three years of waiting for the moment we could get our frosted glass Fourth Year Class mugs, Kimberly and I almost got trampled to death waiting in line outside Pavilion V last night! But it was so worth it, the mug is beautiful and I will keep it forever! Temperatures were absolutely freezing out, and there were lovely ice sculptures to prove it! I had a lot of fun singing on the Rotunda steps for the last time with my Vdubs! Enjoy the pictures of LOTL through the years :D
First Year --> Fourth Year
    
 

 

"It doesn't matter if you have a desperate heart when you have to sing about joy; it doesn't matter if you're scared to death when the lights go on." -- Mireille Mathieu

No comments:

Post a Comment